NORWALK, Conn. -- The Fairfield County Community Foundation recently gave the Child Guidance Center of Mid-Fairfield County a $35,000 grant.
The grant will allow the center to meet a rising demand for trauma treatment for children in Norwalk, New Canaan, Darien, Westport, Weston and Wilton. The Center works with children, youth and their families facing behavioral health crises.
“We are pleased to support the Center’s evidence-based programs addressing the trauma challenges of our community’s children, youth and their families,” said foundation Program Director Nancy M. von Euler.
“The Center has recently established a specially trained group of clinicians in trauma informed evaluation and treatment in order to meet the growing need to care for children and youth affected by witnessing or being victims of traumatic events,” said Stuart Greenbaum, executive director of the Center.
“This $35,000 grant from FCCF further enables the Child Guidance Center to provide these critical services to our community's most vulnerable children and youth. We are most grateful to FCCF for this generous grant.”
For more information on the center, call 203-299-1315 or visit the Child Guidance Center of Mid-Fairfield County website.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters