FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- With air conditioning units working overtime and running up utility bills, the personal finance social media network WalletHub recently ranked all 50 states as well as Washington, D.C., in energy cost effectiveness and ranked Connecticut 49th overall.
WalletHub ranked each state in cost of: monthly electricity, monthly natural gas and monthly fuel to come up with a total energy cost for each state.
Connecticut struggle mightily in two out of the three major categories, ranking 50th in monthly electricity cost and 48th in monthly natural gas cost.
The Nutmeg State's total monthly energy cost was $404, more than $100 more per month than the top-ranked Colorado, who clocked in with a total cost of $301.
Only Mississippi and Hawaii ranked lower than Connecticut.
Neighboring Rhode Island was fourth, Massachusetts was 35th and New York came in 38th.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Three Charged With Stealing Copper, Doorknobs From Darien Home
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Malloy Signs Order Banning State-Funded Travel To Indiana