FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- With fair weather and sunny skies finally breaking through the snow, construction crews are out in full force in Fairfield County on Thursday on I-95, I-84 and the Merritt Parkway, slowing traffic as a result.
A construction project that closed the left and center lanes between Exit 2 and 3 in Greenwich on I-95 south has been cleared, but residual traffic is snaking all the way back to Norwalk as a result, the state Department of Transportation reported.
The right lane is closed on the Merritt Parkway south between Exit 28 and 29 in Greenwich until 2:30 p.m. Thursday, DOT said.
The left lane is closed on the Merritt Parkway north between Exit 37 in Darien and New Canaan and Exit 40B in Norwalk until 3 p.m. Thursday.
The left lane is closed on I-84 in Danbury between Exit 3 and Exit 8 until 2:40 p.m. Thursday.
Drivers should take precautions in these areas during the construction times.
- 1 Darien Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Pure Barre Opens New Fitness Studio In Darien
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Darien With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Darien-Based Kelly Associates Joins Houlihan Lawrence As Independent
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield