DARIEN, Conn. – With Metro-North rail lines expected to be congested due to last Friday’s train derailment and crash, New Canaan will allow Darien residents to park at the Waveny Park swimming pool parking lot, 677 South Ave., if they want to commute from the nearby Talmadge Hill Station.
Carpooling is still recommended, Darien First Selectman Jayme Stevenson said. She suggested that workers who are able to telecommute or avoid traveling through southwestern Fairfield County during business hours should consider those options.
Parking at the Waveny pool will remain in effect until further notice.
“I greatly appreciate the cooperative efforts of our New Canaan neighbors,” said Stevenson.
- 1 Darien Teen Is Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar