DARIEN, Conn. – With Metro-North rail lines expected to be congested due to last Friday’s train derailment and crash, New Canaan will allow Darien residents to park at the Waveny Park swimming pool parking lot, 677 South Ave., if they want to commute from the nearby Talmadge Hill Station.
Carpooling is still recommended, Darien First Selectman Jayme Stevenson said. She suggested that workers who are able to telecommute or avoid traveling through southwestern Fairfield County during business hours should consider those options.
Parking at the Waveny pool will remain in effect until further notice.
“I greatly appreciate the cooperative efforts of our New Canaan neighbors,” said Stevenson.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 4 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 5 Darien Businesswoman Applauds 40 Years Of WoodenBoat Magazine