DARIEN, Conn. – With Metro-North rail lines expected to be congested due to last Friday’s train derailment and crash, New Canaan will allow Darien residents to park at the Waveny Park swimming pool parking lot, 677 South Ave., if they want to commute from the nearby Talmadge Hill Station.
Carpooling is still recommended, Darien First Selectman Jayme Stevenson said. She suggested that workers who are able to telecommute or avoid traveling through southwestern Fairfield County during business hours should consider those options.
Parking at the Waveny pool will remain in effect until further notice.
“I greatly appreciate the cooperative efforts of our New Canaan neighbors,” said Stevenson.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 Freeze Watch Issued As Wind-Chill Factor Drops To Mid-20s In Darien
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report