DARIEN, Conn. – With Metro-North rail lines expected to be congested due to last Friday’s train derailment and crash, New Canaan will allow Darien residents to park at the Waveny Park swimming pool parking lot, 677 South Ave., if they want to commute from the nearby Talmadge Hill Station.
Carpooling is still recommended, Darien First Selectman Jayme Stevenson said. She suggested that workers who are able to telecommute or avoid traveling through southwestern Fairfield County during business hours should consider those options.
Parking at the Waveny pool will remain in effect until further notice.
“I greatly appreciate the cooperative efforts of our New Canaan neighbors,” said Stevenson.
- 1 Police: Darien Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 4 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Darien