DARIEN, Conn. – With Metro-North rail lines expected to be congested due to last Friday’s train derailment and crash, New Canaan will allow Darien residents to park at the Waveny Park swimming pool parking lot, 677 South Ave., if they want to commute from the nearby Talmadge Hill Station.
Carpooling is still recommended, Darien First Selectman Jayme Stevenson said. She suggested that workers who are able to telecommute or avoid traveling through southwestern Fairfield County during business hours should consider those options.
Parking at the Waveny pool will remain in effect until further notice.
“I greatly appreciate the cooperative efforts of our New Canaan neighbors,” said Stevenson.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Report Says 7 Arrests Were Made At Darien Schools In 2013
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield