DARIEN, Conn. -- After a group of Darien parents expressed their concerns about their children's readiness to attend kindergarten, the Board of Education has announced it will explore the option of implementing a pre-kindergarten program, according to darientimes.com.
Darien currently offers an Early Learning Program for children ages 3 to 5 years old at Tokeneke and Hindley schools. Interim Superintendent Lynne Pierson said the district will also hold individual planning and placement meetings to help alleviate parental concerns until a permanent solution is approved, darientimes.com reported.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 3 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 4 Man Finds Hand Grenade In Darien Basement
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation