DARIEN, Conn. -- After a group of Darien parents expressed their concerns about their children's readiness to attend kindergarten, the Board of Education has announced it will explore the option of implementing a pre-kindergarten program, according to darientimes.com.
Darien currently offers an Early Learning Program for children ages 3 to 5 years old at Tokeneke and Hindley schools. Interim Superintendent Lynne Pierson said the district will also hold individual planning and placement meetings to help alleviate parental concerns until a permanent solution is approved, darientimes.com reported.
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director