DARIEN, Conn. -- After a group of Darien parents expressed their concerns about their children's readiness to attend kindergarten, the Board of Education has announced it will explore the option of implementing a pre-kindergarten program, according to darientimes.com.
Darien currently offers an Early Learning Program for children ages 3 to 5 years old at Tokeneke and Hindley schools. Interim Superintendent Lynne Pierson said the district will also hold individual planning and placement meetings to help alleviate parental concerns until a permanent solution is approved, darientimes.com reported.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 3 Eversource Repairs Power Outages In Darien
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Darien
- 5 Box With $140K In Belongings Stolen From Couple Moving To Darien