DARIEN, Conn. -- After a group of Darien parents expressed their concerns about their children's readiness to attend kindergarten, the Board of Education has announced it will explore the option of implementing a pre-kindergarten program, according to darientimes.com.
Darien currently offers an Early Learning Program for children ages 3 to 5 years old at Tokeneke and Hindley schools. Interim Superintendent Lynne Pierson said the district will also hold individual planning and placement meetings to help alleviate parental concerns until a permanent solution is approved, darientimes.com reported.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 4 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools
- 5 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend