DARIEN, Conn. -- After a group of Darien parents expressed their concerns about their children's readiness to attend kindergarten, the Board of Education has announced it will explore the option of implementing a pre-kindergarten program, according to darientimes.com.
Darien currently offers an Early Learning Program for children ages 3 to 5 years old at Tokeneke and Hindley schools. Interim Superintendent Lynne Pierson said the district will also hold individual planning and placement meetings to help alleviate parental concerns until a permanent solution is approved, darientimes.com reported.
- 1 Thousands Charged To Credit Cards Stolen At Restaurant In Darien
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Darien Police Announce All-Night Parking Restrictions
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Darien