DARIEN, Conn. -- The brutal winter and frequent storms have taken a toll on the Darien Department of Public Works, according to the Darien News.
The DPW is already working on a deficit on overtime pay, town officials told the Darien News. The department set aside $89,829 for overtime costs but has paid more than $136,000 since the fiscal year began July 1, with the lion's share going toward snow removal work, the Darien News reported.
- 1 Darien Hockey Player Draws Interest Of NHL Scouts
- 2 Darien High School Ranked Fourth-Best In Connecticut
- 3 Darien Home To 5 Of The 25 Best Elementary Schools In The State
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Darien; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely