DARIEN, Conn. -- The brutal winter and frequent storms have taken a toll on the Darien Department of Public Works, according to the Darien News.
The DPW is already working on a deficit on overtime pay, town officials told the Darien News. The department set aside $89,829 for overtime costs but has paid more than $136,000 since the fiscal year began July 1, with the lion's share going toward snow removal work, the Darien News reported.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal