DARIEN, Conn. -- The brutal winter and frequent storms have taken a toll on the Darien Department of Public Works, according to the Darien News.
The DPW is already working on a deficit on overtime pay, town officials told the Darien News. The department set aside $89,829 for overtime costs but has paid more than $136,000 since the fiscal year began July 1, with the lion's share going toward snow removal work, the Darien News reported.
- 1 Police: Darien Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Darien
- 5 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops