DARIEN, Conn. -- The brutal winter and frequent storms have taken a toll on the Darien Department of Public Works, according to the Darien News.
The DPW is already working on a deficit on overtime pay, town officials told the Darien News. The department set aside $89,829 for overtime costs but has paid more than $136,000 since the fiscal year began July 1, with the lion's share going toward snow removal work, the Darien News reported.
- 1 Darien Man Charged With Assaulting, Strangling Wife In Stamford
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 House Speaker John Boehner Drops By The Goose In Darien
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Darien
- 5 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist