DARIEN, Conn. – Darien Human Services, an organization that helps members of the community with various services and donations, is asking for back-to-school donations.
Items needed include new adult-size backpacks, three-ring binders, one-subject notebooks, composition notebooks, book covers, colored folders, loose-leaf paper, highlighters, magic markers, colored pencils and glue sticks.
Donations may be dropped off from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at Town Hall, 2 Renshaw Rd., Room 109, in Darien.
The Darien Human Services program to hand out the supplies will begin Aug. 5. To qualify for the program, families must have children in kindergarten through 12th grade and must qualify for energy assistance, free or reduced school lunch, food stamps (SNAP), or financial assistance from Darien Human Services.
For more information or to find out more about qualifications, even for those who have not used any of the services listed, call Darien Human Services at 203-656-7328.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy