DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien last week:
- Robert Winter, 22, of Darien was arrested after he refused to leave a bar on Tokeneke Road after a dispute over his tab, police said.
- Stanley Bruno, 29, of Danbury, and Christopher Bautista, 26, of Stamford were arrested as police from several communities, including Darien, helped to break up a fight in South Norwalk involving about 600 people .
- Quinn Popcorn , which started as a dream and Kickstarter campaign, has exploded for two Darien natives who are now selling their organic product in Fairfield County.
- Emily Catherine Fedorko, a high honors student at Greenwich High, died at age of 16 in a tragic boating accident in Greenwich.
- Anthony Cameron, 24, of Bridgeport is facing charges of having a knife in his car along with a number of motor vehicle violations after he was stopped in Darien with expired New Jersey license plates, police said.
- A Darien resident reported that someone may have tried to blow up a mailbox on Stephen Mather Road after a small firework was found inside a mailbox and the interior appeared to be damaged by smoke and fire.
- More Darien Republicans favored winner Tom Foley in the Tuesday primary voting for governor. Foley topped challenger John McKinney in Darien and statewide and will face Gov. Dannel Malloy in November in a rematch of the 2010 race.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.