Update: According to Darien Police Capt. Fred Komm, a construction contractor working in the area of Day Street Monday accidentally knocked down a utility pole, which caused the temporary outage in the area.
No word on when power would be restored to the area, but Connecticut Light & Power did not list an outage for that area as of 3:15 p.m. Monday, indicating that all or most power is likely to have been restored.
Original story: DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien motorists and residents were warned to avoid the area of Grove Street, Brook Street and Day Street because of multiple downed utility wires, the Darien Police Department tweeted at 1:30 p.m. Monday.
Extensive repairs were required, police said.
Connecticut Light & Power was not reporting any power outages.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more on this story.
- 1 Darien Hockey Player Draws Interest Of NHL Scouts
- 2 Darien High School Ranked Fourth-Best In Connecticut
- 3 Darien Home To 5 Of The 25 Best Elementary Schools In The State
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Darien; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely