Update: According to Darien Police Capt. Fred Komm, a construction contractor working in the area of Day Street Monday accidentally knocked down a utility pole, which caused the temporary outage in the area.
No word on when power would be restored to the area, but Connecticut Light & Power did not list an outage for that area as of 3:15 p.m. Monday, indicating that all or most power is likely to have been restored.
Original story: DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien motorists and residents were warned to avoid the area of Grove Street, Brook Street and Day Street because of multiple downed utility wires, the Darien Police Department tweeted at 1:30 p.m. Monday.
Extensive repairs were required, police said.
Connecticut Light & Power was not reporting any power outages.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more on this story.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years