Update: According to Darien Police Capt. Fred Komm, a construction contractor working in the area of Day Street Monday accidentally knocked down a utility pole, which caused the temporary outage in the area.
No word on when power would be restored to the area, but Connecticut Light & Power did not list an outage for that area as of 3:15 p.m. Monday, indicating that all or most power is likely to have been restored.
Original story: DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien motorists and residents were warned to avoid the area of Grove Street, Brook Street and Day Street because of multiple downed utility wires, the Darien Police Department tweeted at 1:30 p.m. Monday.
Extensive repairs were required, police said.
Connecticut Light & Power was not reporting any power outages.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more on this story.
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 3 Darien Police: Ring's End Employee Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 4 Norwalk Police Join Search Of Long Island Sound For Missing Boater
- 5 Robert E. Mallozzi, Lifelong Darien Resident, President Of Bob's Sports