Update: According to Darien Police Capt. Fred Komm, a construction contractor working in the area of Day Street Monday accidentally knocked down a utility pole, which caused the temporary outage in the area.
No word on when power would be restored to the area, but Connecticut Light & Power did not list an outage for that area as of 3:15 p.m. Monday, indicating that all or most power is likely to have been restored.
Original story: DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien motorists and residents were warned to avoid the area of Grove Street, Brook Street and Day Street because of multiple downed utility wires, the Darien Police Department tweeted at 1:30 p.m. Monday.
Extensive repairs were required, police said.
Connecticut Light & Power was not reporting any power outages.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more on this story.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters