DARIEN, Conn. Following is the Darien Department of Public Works road-paving schedule for the month of August.
- Christie Hill Road (Leeuwarden Road to Hollow Tree Ridge Road): Aug. 6-8.
- Georgian Lane (all): Aug. 6-9.
- Christie Hill Road (Middlesex Road to Top OHill Road): Aug. 7-9.
- Robinson Street (all): Aug. 8-10.
- Brown Street (all): Aug. 8-10.
- Belleval Street (all): Aug. 8-10.
- Red Cedar Drive (all): Aug. 8-10.
- Noroton Avenue (Middlesex Road to the high school): Aug. 9-12.
- Thomasina Lane (all): Aug. 9-13.
- Fairfield Avenue (West Avenue to Elm Street): Aug. 9-13.
- Brookside Road (Old Kings Highway North to Post Road): Aug. 10-14.
- Buttonwood Lane (all): Aug. 10-15.
- Leroy East parking lot: Aug. 13.
- Raymond Street (railroad bridge to Tokeneke Road): Aug. 13-16.
- Cliff Avenue (Raymond Street to Tokeneke Road): Aug. 13-16.
The roads will be prepared before paving. The dates include milling and paving. Roads will have raised structures during these times, and the DPW asks that drivers avoid these roads if possible and use extra caution. Police officers will direct traffic. Emergency access will be available at all times. Some driveways may be blocked, but the DPW says no driveway will be blocked for more than an hour. The dates are based on favorable weather conditions.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.