DARIEN, Conn. – The Town of Darien has worked out a schedule for road-paving for the rest of the summer. The roads will be paved in the following order:
- Aug. 7 to 13: Driftway Lane from Old Farm Road to Tokeneke Road
- Aug 7 to 14: Old Farm Road from Tokneke Road to Driftway Lane
- Aug. 7 to 14: 5 Mile River Road from Old Farm Road to Tokneke Road
- Aug. 8 to 18: Raymond Street from Old King’s Highway North to Cliff Avenue
- Aug. 11 to 18: Old King’s Highway North No. 3 from Old King’s Highway No. 1 to Boston Post Road
- Aug. 11 to 18: West Norwalk Road from Boston Post Road to Norwalk Line
- Aug. 11 to 19: Shadbush Lane from Leroy Avenue No. 1 to cul-de-sac
- Aug. 11 to 19: Elm Street from Noroton Avenue to Fairfield Avenue
- Aug. 12 to 19: Fairfield Avenue from Chestnut Street to Elm Street
- Aug. 12 to 20: Maple Street from Noroton Avenue to Linden Avenue
- Aug. 18 to 21: Haskell Lane from Hollow Tree to cul-de-sac
- Aug. 18 to 21: Lantern Lane from Middlesex Road cul-de-sac
- Aug. 18 to 21: Sunnyside Avenue from Middlesex Road to Christie Hill Road
Before each of the dates listed, preparatory work will need to be done. Only milling and paving will be done during these dates. At these times, road surfaces will have raised structures, and the roads should be avoided during the work times, if possible. Drivers should proceed with caution when they cannot avoid the roads.
The schedule will be applicable if weather conditions are food. During construction times, police will be on hand to direct traffic and help residents navigate the areas. Emergency access will be available throughout the paving work.
If a driveway must be closed, each will be closed no more than one hour. On-street parking will not be available at this time, and minor traffic delays will be likely.
For more information, call the Department of Public Works at 203-656-7346.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Darien
- 3 Darien Honors Veterans With Wreaths Across America Ceremony
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'