DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien's spending will increase 5.89 percent next year after the Representative Town Meeting approved a $133 million budget Monday night.
The town's mill rate in the 2014-15 fiscal year will increase from 13.17 mills to 15.01 mills as a result of the approval. This means that residents will pay $15.01 for every $1,000 of assessed property value.
This year's budget includes $44.96 million for town expenses and $88.14 for school expenses. The town budget is increasing $2.5 million over last year's budget, and the school budget is increasing $4.9 million over last year. The budget was unanimously approved by the Board of Finance in early April.
Stay tuned to The Daily Voice for more information on this year's budget vote.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line