DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien this week:
- Darien have made the list of Top 25 Richest Neighborhoods In the New York City Suburbs.
- A boy at a bus stop in Darien was reportedly approached by a man in a blue van. Police are warning parents to be on the lookout for suspicious men in vans who have been reported throughout the area.
- Darien earned seventh place in a new list of the Movoto Real Estate’s 10 Best Places To Live in Connecticut.
- A Norwalk man Omar Reid, 20, was arrested after police accused him of selling heroin to an undercover police officer in Darien.
- William R. Schwartz III of Darien died at age of 42.
- A Darien teenager David Bognar, 19, was arrested on drunken driving charges after he was spotted driving on only a tire rim, and his incapacitated passenger was hospitalized.
- A new national study of public and private high schools named six schools in Fairfield County among the most challenging in Connecticut through an index formula.
- A Darien man Scott Waters, 20, of Walmsley Road was arrested and charged with selling prescription medication.
- Houses that sell for $1 million or more account for nearly a third of the housing market in Fairfield County, according to a Trulia.com study.
- A 50-acre Copper Beech estate on the Greenwich waterfront has been sold for a staggering $120 million.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien