DARIEN, Conn. - Darien residents can start throwing out their Christmas trees. The Department of Public Works has set its Christmas tree pickup schedule.
The town is divided into five areas. Click here to see in which area you live. Area 1, north of the railroad tracks and west of Hollow Tree Ridge Road, will have pickup Jan. 4-7 and Jan. 18-22. Area 2, north of the railroad tracks and east of Hollow Tree Ridge Road, including Mansfield Avenue, will have pickup Jan. 8-9 and 23-24.
Area 3, north of the railroad tracks and east of Mansfield Avenue, will have pickup Jan. 10-11 and 25-28. Area 4, south of the railroad tracks and north of, and including, Post Road, will have pickup Jan. 14-15 and 29-30. Area 5, south of the railroad tracks and south of Post Road, will have pickup Jan. 3 and 16-17.
Pickup will be conducted only on public streets. Trees must be at the curb the morning of the scheduled pickup. Once pickup is completed, the trucks will not return until the next scheduled date. The town does not have a specific time when pickups will occur.
Wreaths, bushes, grass clippings, garbage and other materials will not be collected, nor will trees with lights, bags, netting or stands. Residents with valid stickers can take their trees to the dump. In the event of snow, tree pickup will be delayed.
The Department of Public Works can be reached at 203-656-7346.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 3 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 4 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight