DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien residents grabbed their flags and stepped off Monday, May 26, for the town's annual Memorial Day parade.
The parade began at the Goodwives Shopping Center on Old Kings Highway North and proceeded to the Spring Grove Ceremony on Hecker Avenue, where a ceremony was held.
This year's grand marshal was Walter McCurdy, a U.S. Navy veteran who served in both World War II and the Korean War.
After the parade, Darien EMS Post 53 held its annual Food Fair at Tilley Park Pond to raise money to support the community’s emergency medical services.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Three Charged With Stealing Copper, Doorknobs From Darien Home
- 3 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 4 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 5 Malloy Signs Order Banning State-Funded Travel To Indiana