DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien residents grabbed their flags and stepped off Monday, May 26, for the town's annual Memorial Day parade.
The parade began at the Goodwives Shopping Center on Old Kings Highway North and proceeded to the Spring Grove Ceremony on Hecker Avenue, where a ceremony was held.
This year's grand marshal was Walter McCurdy, a U.S. Navy veteran who served in both World War II and the Korean War.
After the parade, Darien EMS Post 53 held its annual Food Fair at Tilley Park Pond to raise money to support the community’s emergency medical services.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Darien Businesswoman Applauds 40 Years Of WoodenBoat Magazine
- 3 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Darien Community Association Awards College Scholarships