DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien residents grabbed their flags and stepped off Monday, May 26, for the town's annual Memorial Day parade.
The parade began at the Goodwives Shopping Center on Old Kings Highway North and proceeded to the Spring Grove Ceremony on Hecker Avenue, where a ceremony was held.
This year's grand marshal was Walter McCurdy, a U.S. Navy veteran who served in both World War II and the Korean War.
After the parade, Darien EMS Post 53 held its annual Food Fair at Tilley Park Pond to raise money to support the community’s emergency medical services.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Report Says 7 Arrests Were Made At Darien Schools In 2013
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield