update: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Traffic was cleared by early Tuesday evening across Fairfield County, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
original story: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Traffic is congested on I-95, I-84 and the Merritt Parkway on Tuesday afternoon as rain begins to fall across Fairfield County, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
Delays in the evening rush hour were reported for 25.7 miles on I-95 northbound between Exit 3 in Greenwich and Exit 26 in Bridgeport, the DOT said.
Traffic was also congested for 23.2 miles on the Merritt Parkway northbound between Exit 31 in Greenwich and Exit 49S in Bridgeport.
A 3.5-mile delay was also reported from Exit 4 to Exit 7 on I-84 in Danbury.
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal