update: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Traffic was cleared by early Tuesday evening across Fairfield County, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
original story: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Traffic is congested on I-95, I-84 and the Merritt Parkway on Tuesday afternoon as rain begins to fall across Fairfield County, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
Delays in the evening rush hour were reported for 25.7 miles on I-95 northbound between Exit 3 in Greenwich and Exit 26 in Bridgeport, the DOT said.
Traffic was also congested for 23.2 miles on the Merritt Parkway northbound between Exit 31 in Greenwich and Exit 49S in Bridgeport.
A 3.5-mile delay was also reported from Exit 4 to Exit 7 on I-84 in Danbury.
- 1 Darien Ranked As State's Best Suburb To Live In
- 2 Three Charged With Attempted Thefts At Darien Stop & Shop
- 3 Cars Catch Fire At Darien High School In Jump Start Gone Wrong
- 4 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies