DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien this week:
- Darien police are further investigating Cynthia Tanner, 52, who was charged with embezzling more than $180,000 from the National Veterans Services Fund and also did volunteer bookkeeping for the Darien Veterans of Foreign Wars Post.
- A 16-year-old Darien teen was charged with breaking into a house while the residents were out of town.
- A Darien man Marc Devico, 49, was arrested after his neighbors reported he drove over a slow-down sign near their children, police said.
Darien officials are questioning whether the Ox Ridge Hunt Club is the best possible site for a new cellphone tower proposed by AT&T and think that more options need to be explored.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 4 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools