DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien this week:
- Former Darien lacrosse and football coach Christian Garnett has applied for several diversionary programs in an effort to have the criminal charges dropped that were brought against him after his arrest in Norwalk in October.
- Court records revealed that Natalie Carpenter, an 18-year-old Torrington woman who was arrested last month, was plotting to carry out a Columbine-style shooting at Danbury High School to get back at people she felt bullied her.
- A suspicious incident in which a man in a black vehicle offered a 13-year-old Westport girl a ride to school turned out to be a misunderstanding.
- Darien teenager Grace Cashman, daughter of Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman, is starring in a Stamford production of "The Wizard of Oz."
- New mandates from the state government will bring changes to the Darien Public Schools calendar in a few years, including a later first day of school and a possible cut to the February break.
- Darien orthopedic surgeon Robert George, 73, was charged with assaulting his wife by police.
Darien police warned residents of a recent kidnapping phone scam after a parent of a Darien High School student fell victim to it.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien