Update 11:20 a.m. FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A tornado warning was in effect along the Merritt Parkway area near Norwalk, New Canaan, Wilton and Georgetown and other areas until 11:30 a.m. Monday, the weather service said.
A severe thunderstorm was moving through the area. Rough weather was reported along Route 7 in northern Norwalk and moving toward Wilton, Georgetown and Easton, as well as other areas.
Original story: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. - A serious thunderstorm has the National Weather Service issuing a flash flood warning for parts of Fairfield County through 12:30 p.m. Monday.
A thunderstorm coming into the area has the potential to cause excessive runoff from the heavy rainfall, the weather service said. This could cause small creeks, streams, urban areas, highways, streets, underpasses and other drainage areas to flood.
Drivers should take caution and be sure to not drive through any flooded areas. The service suggests that those in low areas should move to higher ground. Residents along streams and creeks should take caution to protect their property.
Residents are told to not attempt to cross swiftly moving waters or areas of water where the depth is unknown either by foot or in a car.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 2 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 3 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Darien