FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The Saturday Thaw is still a few hours away and temperatures have not climbed as rapidly as forecasters initially predicted.
The National Weather Service has issued a Freezing Rain Advisory until 4 a.m. on Saturday for Fairfield County and interior Southern Connecticut as well as Southeast New York and Northeast New Jersey.
A light glaze of ice from a trace to less than one-tenth of an inch is possible as temperatures hover in the low to mid 30s, with colder ground temperatures.
Areas near the coast may have all rain or drizzle by midnight.
The forecast for Saturday calls for rain, heavy at times, and a high between 55 and 60 degrees. The heaviest rain should fall in the late afternoon/early evening.
- 1 Police: Darien Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 4 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Darien