FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- If you are looking to get somewhere in lower Fairfield County on Friday afternoon, you are probably stuck in traffic.
It doesn't matter where you are or where you are headed, delays are reported on major roads in every direction before 4 p.m. Friday.
Traffic delays may be heavier than normal because many train commuters may have switched to their cars after service was stopped for more than three hours Friday morning because of a suspicious package that turned out to be a middle school project.
On Friday afternoon, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported the following delays:
- On the Merritt Parkway southbound for 7.5 miles from Exit 42 in Westport to Exit 37 in New Canaan.
- On I-95 southbound for 17.8 miles from Exit 19 in Fairfield to Exit 5 in Greenwich
- On I-95 northbound for 23.3 miles from Exit 3 in Greenwich to Exit 23 in Fairfield.
- On the Merritt Parkway northbound for 27.8 miles from Exit 31 in Greenwich to Exit 51 in Trumbull.
- On I-84 eastbound for 4.1 miles between Exits 3 and 7 in Danbury
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal