7:30 a.m. update: WESTPORT, Conn. -- A jackknifed tractor-trailer that had been blocking two lanes of northbound I-95 in Westport has been cleared Friday morning, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
Friday's rush-hour traffic appeared lighter than usual, with roads and highways still covered with slush and snow from the overnight storm in Fairfield County.
Many schools are closed or on delayed openings across the region.
Original story: WESTPORT, Conn. -- An accident involving a jackknifed tractor-trailer on northbound I-95 between Exits 18 and 19 in Westport had closed the right and center lanes at 5:15 a.m. Friday, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
It was not known how long it would take to clear. It was still blocking the lanes as of 6:45 a.m. Traffic was getting by in the left lane.
Snow, ice, slush and water continues to cover the state's highway and road after a snowstorm that lasted all day Thursday and overnight into early Friday.
Traffic was slow moving but light as the Friday commute began.
- 1 Darien Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Darien, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Pure Barre Opens New Fitness Studio In Darien
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Darien With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Darien-Based Kelly Associates Joins Houlihan Lawrence As Independent