DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien this week:
- A 33-year-old Darien man suffered life-threatening injuries in an accident after his car went off the road and became airborne on Nearwater Lane.
- The Darien High School cafeteria was vandalized after someone spray-painted several messages onto the outside windows and a couple of doors.
- A 16-year-old Darien boy was assaulted outside his home on Leeds Lane by an unknown person.
- Heroin is a problem in Darien that is not often publicly addressed, but a group of police officers met with parents at the Depot to show them how to recognize the signs of drug abuse and to seek help.
- MoneyRates.com ranked Connecticut among the five worst states to make a living.
The Darien High School’s boys and girls track and field teams won titles at the State Open meet at Middletown High School.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 3 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight