FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Nine first-year Metro-North conductors were fired and three others were reassigned after they were caught cheating on a safety test during a training session, according to the New York Daily News.
One or more of the conductors gained access to a written safety exam, photographed the questions with a smart phone, and shared it with other members of the training program, the Daily News said.
The nine conductors who were fired had less than a year of experience and thus did not have union protections. The three on reassignment were demoted to their previous titles, the Daily News reported.
- 1 Darien's Chilton, Halvorsen Make List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Darien
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Darien
- 4 Man Steals Cash Then Boards Train At Noroton Heights
- 5 Darien Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm