FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Nine first-year Metro-North conductors were fired and three others were reassigned after they were caught cheating on a safety test during a training session, according to the New York Daily News.
One or more of the conductors gained access to a written safety exam, photographed the questions with a smart phone, and shared it with other members of the training program, the Daily News said.
The nine conductors who were fired had less than a year of experience and thus did not have union protections. The three on reassignment were demoted to their previous titles, the Daily News reported.
- 1 Police: Darien Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 4 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Darien