GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Metro-North New Haven Line is experiencing delays Monday morning after a fire destroyed a remote switching control house outside Cos Cob, Conn., Metro-North said.
Metro-North said in a statement that the fire, which occurred Saturday morning, "may result in 5-10 minute delays for New Haven Line customers, as the railroad is only able to use two of four tracks in the peak direction through a nine-mile stretch. The fire has also eliminated the ability of the railroad to operate trains around problems if any arise in this area."
You can read the complete Metro-North statement here.
- 1 Car Stolen From Darien Driveway, Suspicious Men Seen In Area
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Darien, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich