GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Metro-North New Haven Line is experiencing delays Monday morning after a fire destroyed a remote switching control house outside Cos Cob, Conn., Metro-North said.
Metro-North said in a statement that the fire, which occurred Saturday morning, "may result in 5-10 minute delays for New Haven Line customers, as the railroad is only able to use two of four tracks in the peak direction through a nine-mile stretch. The fire has also eliminated the ability of the railroad to operate trains around problems if any arise in this area."
You can read the complete Metro-North statement here.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Darien, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Darien With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Darien Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard