GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Metro-North New Haven Line is experiencing delays Monday morning after a fire destroyed a remote switching control house outside Cos Cob, Conn., Metro-North said.
Metro-North said in a statement that the fire, which occurred Saturday morning, "may result in 5-10 minute delays for New Haven Line customers, as the railroad is only able to use two of four tracks in the peak direction through a nine-mile stretch. The fire has also eliminated the ability of the railroad to operate trains around problems if any arise in this area."
You can read the complete Metro-North statement here.
- 1 Porta Potty Set On Fire Outside Darien Construction Site
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 4 Ridgefield Hedge Fund Exec Gets 33 Months In Prison For $46M Fraud Scheme
- 5 Darien Could See Showers, Thunderstorms Tuesday