GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Metro-North New Haven Line is experiencing delays Monday morning after a fire destroyed a remote switching control house outside Cos Cob, Conn., Metro-North said.
Metro-North said in a statement that the fire, which occurred Saturday morning, "may result in 5-10 minute delays for New Haven Line customers, as the railroad is only able to use two of four tracks in the peak direction through a nine-mile stretch. The fire has also eliminated the ability of the railroad to operate trains around problems if any arise in this area."
You can read the complete Metro-North statement here.
- 1 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 2 Darien Teen Charged With Possession Of Alcohol At Fireworks
- 3 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Darien College Student Among White House Interns