DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien this week:
- Thousands of commuters were stranded for hours on Thursday evening after a system-wide computer malfunction stopped all three of the Metro-North train lines. That incident came just a day after a train was disabled at the Green's Farms stop in Westport due to the extreme cold.
- A surprise storm dumped nearly a foot of snow on Darien and brought single-digit temperatures with it.
- Peter Edwards Nightingale , a banker who worked for NewStar Financial in Darien, died at the age of 60.
- Mark J. Bennett of Darien died at age of 63.
- A 42-year-old Darien man was charged with forgery and larceny after allegedly stealing more than $25,000 from his mother’s bank account.
- A suspect stole more than $1,800 worth of heartburn medicine and electric toothbrushes from the CVS Pharmacy on the Post Road in Darien.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.