DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien this week:
- Thousands of commuters were stranded for hours on Thursday evening after a system-wide computer malfunction stopped all three of the Metro-North train lines. That incident came just a day after a train was disabled at the Green's Farms stop in Westport due to the extreme cold.
- A surprise storm dumped nearly a foot of snow on Darien and brought single-digit temperatures with it.
- Peter Edwards Nightingale, a banker who worked for NewStar Financial in Darien, died at the age of 60.
- Mark J. Bennett of Darien died at age of 63.
- A 42-year-old Darien man was charged with forgery and larceny after allegedly stealing more than $25,000 from his mother’s bank account.
A suspect stole more than $1,800 worth of heartburn medicine and electric toothbrushes from the CVS Pharmacy on the Post Road in Darien.
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director