FAIRFIELD COUNTY, N.Y. -- Metro-North's recent trials and tribulations have taken up much local media spotlight over the last year, but now Newsweek has taken aim at the beleaguered commuter rail in Fairfield County.
Newsweek's online article focuses predominantly on the New Haven Line, making note of dirty passenger cars, uncomfortable seats, outdated equipment and how the newer M8 cars that have been phased in are experiencing technical problems, according to Newsweek.
One commuter told Newsweek that "hitchhiking a ride to work with a serial killer seems like a more pleasant way to travel than commuting another day with Metro-North."
- 1 Report Says 7 Arrests Were Made At Darien Schools In 2013
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Police: NYC Man, 65, Made Harassing Phone Calls To Darien Teen Girl
- 5 Police Search Icy Lake Ontario For Missing Student, 21, From Fairfield