FAIRFIELD COUNTY, N.Y. -- Metro-North's recent trials and tribulations have taken up much local media spotlight over the last year, but now Newsweek has taken aim at the beleaguered commuter rail in Fairfield County.
Newsweek's online article focuses predominantly on the New Haven Line, making note of dirty passenger cars, uncomfortable seats, outdated equipment and how the newer M8 cars that have been phased in are experiencing technical problems, according to Newsweek.
One commuter told Newsweek that "hitchhiking a ride to work with a serial killer seems like a more pleasant way to travel than commuting another day with Metro-North."
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools
- 4 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens