FAIRFIELD COUNTY, N.Y. -- Metro-North's recent trials and tribulations have taken up much local media spotlight over the last year, but now Newsweek has taken aim at the beleaguered commuter rail in Fairfield County.
Newsweek's online article focuses predominantly on the New Haven Line, making note of dirty passenger cars, uncomfortable seats, outdated equipment and how the newer M8 cars that have been phased in are experiencing technical problems, according to Newsweek.
One commuter told Newsweek that "hitchhiking a ride to work with a serial killer seems like a more pleasant way to travel than commuting another day with Metro-North."
- 1 Car Stolen From Darien Driveway, Suspicious Men Seen In Area
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Darien Hires New Director Of Parks And Recreation