DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien this week:
- Christina Yackery, and her father, Vince, have been supported by the Darien and Rowayton communities since a fall last April left Vince paralyzed.
- The fifth major storm of 2014 left most of Fairfield County looking like a ghost town Thursday, covering the area with nearly a foot of snow and ice.
- The winter has been so bad, Gov. Malloy has declared a state of emergency to replenish dwindling salt supplies.
- Darien residents targeted by a local scammer using a phony kidnapping in an attempt to get money.
- Darien police filed additional charges against Stamford resident, Christopher Pinto, 42, accused of forging his mother’s checks to steal more than $25,000 and was being held in jail awaiting arraignment.
Darien divers helped The New Canaan YMCA Whirlwind Diving Team to capture the team first place prize at the annual Whirlwind Winter Weekend Invitational Diving Meet.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Darien
- 2 Darien Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Darien's Chilton, Halvorsen Make List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 5 Darien Appoints Royle Principal, Middlesex Vice Principal