DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien this week:
- Christina Yackery, and her father, Vince, have been supported by the Darien and Rowayton communities since a fall last April left Vince paralyzed.
- The fifth major storm of 2014 left most of Fairfield County looking like a ghost town Thursday, covering the area with nearly a foot of snow and ice.
- The winter has been so bad, Gov. Malloy has declared a state of emergency to replenish dwindling salt supplies.
- Darien residents targeted by a local scammer using a phony kidnapping in an attempt to get money.
- Darien police filed additional charges against Stamford resident, Christopher Pinto, 42, accused of forging his mother’s checks to steal more than $25,000 and was being held in jail awaiting arraignment.
Darien divers helped The New Canaan YMCA Whirlwind Diving Team to capture the team first place prize at the annual Whirlwind Winter Weekend Invitational Diving Meet.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien