FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A pair of accidents on the Merritt Parkway and I-95 were already slowing down the Thursday evening commute as of 3 p.m.
A two-vehicle accident closed the right lane of the Merritt Parkway northbound between exits 42 and 44 in Fairfield. Traffic was quickly backing up into Westport.
Another crash between exits 12 and 13 on I-95 northbound has been cleared, but traffic was still backed up beyond Exit 10 in Darien.
The usual northbound slowdown in Stamford has traffic snarled at Exit 8.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 3 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 4 Darien's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Darien Academic Advisors Seek To Match Students To Schools