DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien last week:
- The person who stole a 70-year-old Fairfield woman's wallet at the Panera Bread store in Darien racked up thousands of dollars in credit card purchases , according to police.
- A woman was struck and killed by a Metro-North train in early morning of Monday, Nov. 17 near the South Norwalk train station, spokesman Marjorie Anders said.
- A 91-year-old Stratford woman Stella Antanantis who was mauled by her own dog died at Bridgeport Hospital .
- New York State Police said an unsafe lane change made by a civilian driver contributed to the accident that killed Bridgeport resident and National Guard member Ronald Patterson Jr. on I-95 in Rye in August.
- Darien recently was named the third-safest community in Connecticut by Value Penguin, a personal finance research and analysis site.
- The Darien Human Services Department is taking applications for the State Energy Assistance Program for 2014-15 and Operation Fuel.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.