RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – Dickey Betts, founding member of the Allman Brothers Band, is returning to the Ridgefield Playhouse on Jan. 11 with his band, Great Southern.
Perhaps most famous for his songs “Ramblin Man,” “Blue Sky” and “Jessica,” Dickey Betts is ranked number 58 on Rolling Stone Magazine’s 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time. Critics have described his music as a combination of country, jazz, blues and rock blended into one sound.
At the 2012 Grammy Awards, Betts and the Allman Brothers were honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Betts will be joined by the Jamie McLean Band. which is celebrating the release of its latest album "Sunday Morning" that features John Popper of Blues Traveler on harmonica and Nigel Hall of Warren Haynes Band/Soulive on keys.
For tickets, $75, call or visit the box office at 203-438-5795, or order online.
There will be an AllShows.com VIP Party Pass, $25 additional per person, which includes a pre-show cocktail party courtesy of Tom Tom’s 6:30 – 7:15 p.m. with open bar, hors d’oeuvres and priority parking.
- 1 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Darien Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Darien
- 3 Child's Play: Darien's Royle School Dedicates New Playground
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 YWCA Darien/Norwalk Honors Rucquoi As Woman Of Distinction