FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- A female student from Sacred Heart University in Fairfield is in critical condition after being hit by a car while crossing Madison Avenue in Bridgeport on Friday, according to ctpost.com.
The driver of the vehicle, an unidentified young male, remained at the scene and said he didn't see the victim run out into the road. This is the third pedestrian to get hit by a vehicle in as many weeks. The other two proved fatal, ctpost.com reported.
The victim, identified as a Sacred Heart junior who resides at a sorority house near the accident scene, remains in critical condition at St. Vincent's Medical Center, ctpost.com said.
- 1 Porta Potty Set On Fire Outside Darien Construction Site
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Places 18th At Kentucky Derby
- 4 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 5 Ridgefield Hedge Fund Exec Gets 33 Months In Prison For $46M Fraud Scheme