STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford road closures are expected to continue Friday, April 4, to Monday, April 7, as crews work on the installation of the pedestrian bridge over Washington Boulevard.
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is scheduled to continue the installation of the pedestrian bridge superstructure during the weekends of April 4 and April 11. The project consists of installing a prefabricated pedestrian bridge over Washington Boulevard to connect the new development Gateway Garage at 406 Washington Blvd. to the Stamford Train Station Platform No. 4.
Washington Boulevard between South State Street and Station Place will be closed to both vehicle and pedestrian traffic from 9 p.m. Friday, April 4, to 5 a.m. Monday, April 7. Vehicle detour signs and pedestrian detour signs will be in place, city officials said.
Waters Construction was awarded the $2.8 million project in May 2013 and is scheduled for completion on April 23, according to Stamford officials.
The following is the schedule of work, courtesy the Connecticut Department of Transportation:
- April 4 to April 7 - glass panel installation
- April 11 to April 14 - miscellaneous work
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 3 Darien Police: Ring's End Employee Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 4 Norwalk Police Join Search Of Long Island Sound For Missing Boater
- 5 Norwalk Man Pleads Guilty To Vehicular Homicide In I-95 Crash