DARIEN, Conn. – Strong test scores and a new meatball-centric restaurant led Darien’s news this week. Here are some of the top stories from the past week in Darien:
▪ The state Department of Education released Connecticut’s standardized test scores this week. Darien’s students showed some declines compared to last year, but still outperformed state averages at all grade levels.
▪ Owner Joe Criscuolo cut the ribbon on Meatball & Co., a new restaurant dedicated to new spins on meatballs.
▪ Tax-free shopping week starts Sunday in Connecticut. Clothing, shoes and other items under $300 carry no sales tax through Aug. 24.
▪ A Pennsylvania man was arrested Sunday after he was seen driving across Darien lawns in an attempt to run over his ex-wife and her children, police say.
▪ Darien’s Will Sullivan is preparing for the release of his film, “Jane Wants a Boyfriend,” about an autistic girl seeking love.