DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien this week:
- Bomb-sniffing dogs were called to Darien Town Hall after a threatening letter was found on the ground.
- A motorcyclist from Norwalk was killed on Interstate 95 north just before Exit 9 near the Stamford and Darien border.
- An accident involving two tractor-trailers and a spill of rolls of paper onto the highway jammed traffic on Interstate 95 northbound in Norwalk.
- Darien ranked No. 6 on Rent.com's Top 25 towns list for Renters Raising Families.
- Darien Police are warning residents about a phone scam targeting taxpayers in Darien and surrounding communities.
- Kevin Sullivan, a Darien native, scored a goal for Union College as it won the NCAA Hockey Championship.
- The Darien Chamber of Commerce has selected longtime resident Susan Cator as its new executive director.
- The Stamford woman who killed two people while driving drunk on Interstate 95 in Darien in October 2010 has agreed to a plea bargain.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal