FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead an hour before you head to bed Saturday night! Daylight-saving time officially begins at 2 a.m. Sunday, March 9, as we lose an hour of sleep in Fairfield County.
Daylight-saving time runs from the second Sunday in March through the first Sunday in November. More daylight will be available in the evenings as spring returns.
From 1987 through 2006, daylight-saving time ran from the first Sunday in April through the last Sunday in October. The change was part of the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
Many fire departments also remind residents to replace the batteries in their smoke detectors when they move their clocks forward.
Learn more about daylight-saving time at timeanddate.com.
- 1 Darien Teen, 18, Charged With Fighting Mother Over Toenail
- 2 New York Man Charged With Fighting At Darien Bar
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director