FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead an hour before you head to bed Saturday night! Daylight-saving time officially begins at 2 a.m. Sunday, March 9, as we lose an hour of sleep in Fairfield County.
Daylight-saving time runs from the second Sunday in March through the first Sunday in November. More daylight will be available in the evenings as spring returns.
From 1987 through 2006, daylight-saving time ran from the first Sunday in April through the last Sunday in October. The change was part of the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
Many fire departments also remind residents to replace the batteries in their smoke detectors when they move their clocks forward.
Learn more about daylight-saving time at timeanddate.com.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Eversource Repairs Power Outages In Darien
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Darien
- 5 Box With $140K In Belongings Stolen From Couple Moving To Darien