DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien this week:
- A Darien man and a Stamford teen were arrested after a car accident led police to a party with underage drinkers in Darien.
- Greenwich resident Tara Allen, a Spanish teacher at Darien High School, finished fifth among women from Connecticut in Boston Marathon.
- Darien High School was named among the top public high schools in Connecticut and was one of only 500 schools nationwide to receive a gold medal in the annual U.S. News & World Report study.
- Stamford police arrested and charged a local woman with second-degree manslaughter and felony leaving the scene of an accident after a hit-and-run accident that killed a 70-year-old pedestrian.
- The charges against Rob Morrison, a Darien resident and former WCBS-TV news anchor in New York City, were dropped during a court appearance in Stamford.
A Darien Town Hall employee was charged with reporting a number of false incidents to police, including writing a threatening letter that led to the evacuation of Town Hall.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Darien
- 5 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose