DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien this week:
- A Darien man and a Stamford teen were arrested after a car accident led police to a party with underage drinkers in Darien.
- Greenwich resident Tara Allen, a Spanish teacher at Darien High School, finished fifth among women from Connecticut in Boston Marathon.
- Darien High School was named among the top public high schools in Connecticut and was one of only 500 schools nationwide to receive a gold medal in the annual U.S. News & World Report study.
- Stamford police arrested and charged a local woman with second-degree manslaughter and felony leaving the scene of an accident after a hit-and-run accident that killed a 70-year-old pedestrian.
- The charges against Rob Morrison, a Darien resident and former WCBS-TV news anchor in New York City, were dropped during a court appearance in Stamford.
A Darien Town Hall employee was charged with reporting a number of false incidents to police, including writing a threatening letter that led to the evacuation of Town Hall.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years