DARIEN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Darien last week:
- A group of Darien teens shot a 43-year-old Woodway Road woman in the face with an airsoft gun but she declined to press charges, police said.
- Stephanie Zangrillo, 55, was charged with stealing potted plants from Stop & Shop after she was spotted loading up her trunk, police said.
- Darien High School was named as one of Connecticut’s “Fab Five” preseason football teams by Max Preps.
- A Stamford woman was sentenced to six months in prison for killing two men on the side of I-95 in Darien while she was driving drunk. The victims' families were outraged by the sentence.
Darien’s Alex Ostberg is ranked fourth in the nation among high school runners, according to a preseason ranking by MileSplit.com. Darien's cross country team opens its season at Harding High School in Bridgeport Sept. 9.
- Pop singer Ashlee Simpson and actor Evan Ross got married , reciting their vows in a star-studded ceremony at the Greenwich home of the groom's mother, Diana Ross.
- Lindsey Rogers-Seitz of Ridgefield, whose son died after he was forgotten in a hot car in July, is pushing for car safety regulations and laws to prevent such deaths in the future.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.