DARIEN, Conn. - Aline Mahnken Knowlton, a resident of Darien for 55 years, died Wednesday, July 10. She was 92.
Knowlton was born Dec. 9, 1920, daughter of Marion and Henry Chandler Mahnken. She attended the Packer Collegiate Institute in Brooklyn and graduated from Smith College in 1941 with a major in mathematics. After her graduation, she worked for AT&T.
In 1958, Knowlton moved to Darien with her husband. The Knowltons were long time members of the Tokeneke Club. She joined and contributed to many societies including the World Wildlife Fund, The Sierra Club, and Natural Resources Defense Council.
Knowlton is survived by her brother, Chandler Mahnken, of Savannah, Ga.; daughters, Nancy Knowlton (Jeremy) Jackson of Washington, D.C.; Sally Knowlton-Keen (Frank) of Darien; Susan Knowlton of Wilmington, Delaware; and Joanne Gabriel (Stephen) of Darien; and seven grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and her husband, Archa Osborne.
A private ceremony for the family is being planned.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the World Wildlife Fund.
For more information, please visit: www.lawrencefuneralhome.com
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 3 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Of Darien, Worked In The Fashion Industry
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Sandy Hook Students Safe After Evacuation Due To Bomb Threat