DARIEN, Conn. - Arthur Lawrence Van Sciver, a lifelong resident of Darien, died Friday, Feb. 21. He was 56.
Van Sciver was born Jan. 25, 1958, in Stamford, he was the son of Marilyn (Mariotti) Van Sciver and Arthur Eugene Van Sciver. He graduated from Darien High School, class of 1976, and American International College, class of 1980 in Springfield, Mass. He was the longtime president and owner of The Bait Shop, Inc. in Rowayton. He was a member of the South Norwalk and Darien Boat Clubs. He was a former coach in the Darien Junior Football League.
Van Sciver is survived by his mother, Marilyn; wife, Jeanne I. Van Sciver of Darien; children, Jesse Ryan of Va., Artie Van Sciver (Kittery) of Charlotte, N.C., Jessica Van Sciver of Darien, and Kaylyn Reid (Nic) of Va.; sister, Cindy Hampton (Phillip) of Darien; nieces; and many cousins. He was predeceased by his father, Arthur.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Feb. 26 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. at the Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien. A Funeral Service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 27 at Noroton Presbyterian Church, 2011 Post Road, Darien.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years