DARIEN, Conn. - Arthur Lawrence Van Sciver, a lifelong resident of Darien, died Friday, Feb. 21. He was 56.
Van Sciver was born Jan. 25, 1958, in Stamford, he was the son of Marilyn (Mariotti) Van Sciver and Arthur Eugene Van Sciver. He graduated from Darien High School, class of 1976, and American International College, class of 1980 in Springfield, Mass. He was the longtime president and owner of The Bait Shop, Inc. in Rowayton. He was a member of the South Norwalk and Darien Boat Clubs. He was a former coach in the Darien Junior Football League.
Van Sciver is survived by his mother, Marilyn; wife, Jeanne I. Van Sciver of Darien; children, Jesse Ryan of Va., Artie Van Sciver (Kittery) of Charlotte, N.C., Jessica Van Sciver of Darien, and Kaylyn Reid (Nic) of Va.; sister, Cindy Hampton (Phillip) of Darien; nieces; and many cousins. He was predeceased by his father, Arthur.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Feb. 26 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. at the Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien. A Funeral Service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 27 at Noroton Presbyterian Church, 2011 Post Road, Darien.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Garden Club Of Darien Celebrates Work To Spruce Up Cherry Lawn Park
- 4 NY Times Columnist Slams Greenwich In 'The Show-Off Society'
- 5 Learn How To Become A Six-Figure Freelancer At The Darien Library