DARIEN, Conn. -- Betty Jean Moler, 87, a former resident of Darien, passed away on April 26 in Oklahoma City, Okla.
Moler was born July 5, 1926 to Loraine and Carrol Golson in Dallas. She graduated from Classen High School in 1944. She graduated from Skidmore College in Sarasota, N.Y. and majored in drama. After college, she she married her high school sweetheart, John C. Moler, on Dec. 22, 1949,
Betty Jean and her husband lived in Philadelphia, Darien and Ponte Vedra, Fla.; before returning to Oklahoma City in 2005.
She was an avid bridge player, and enjoyed golf and traveling the world with her husband. She was also active in the Junior League.
Moler is survived by her husband; daughter, Carey Moler Karlan, of Darien; and five grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held in the chapel at Westminster Presbyterian Church at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, April 30.
- 1 Darien Ranked As State's Best Suburb To Live In
- 2 Three Charged With Attempted Thefts At Darien Stop & Shop
- 3 Cars Catch Fire At Darien High School In Jump Start Gone Wrong
- 4 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies