DARIEN, Conn. -- Betty Jean Moler, 87, a former resident of Darien, passed away on April 26 in Oklahoma City, Okla.
Moler was born July 5, 1926 to Loraine and Carrol Golson in Dallas. She graduated from Classen High School in 1944. She graduated from Skidmore College in Sarasota, N.Y. and majored in drama. After college, she she married her high school sweetheart, John C. Moler, on Dec. 22, 1949,
Betty Jean and her husband lived in Philadelphia, Darien and Ponte Vedra, Fla.; before returning to Oklahoma City in 2005.
She was an avid bridge player, and enjoyed golf and traveling the world with her husband. She was also active in the Junior League.
Moler is survived by her husband; daughter, Carey Moler Karlan, of Darien; and five grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held in the chapel at Westminster Presbyterian Church at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, April 30.
- 1 Police: Darien Husband Beat Up 21-Year-Old Hitting On His Wife
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Pair Charged With Using Fake $100 Bills At Darien Shops
- 4 Darien Couple Tackles New York City Marathon For Norwalk Charity
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Darien