FAIRFAX, Va. - Carol Lanzit of Fairfax, and formerly of New Canaan, Darien and Manchester, Conn., died Saturday, Feb. 22. She was 79.
Lanzit was born Nov. 21, 1934, in Mankato, Minn., and was the daughter of Francis and Emma (Schmidt) O'Connor. She graduated from UCLA in the mid 50's and was a member of the Delta Gamma Sorority. She was a teacher in the Stamford school system for many years.
Lanzit is survived by her children, Stephen "Rusty" Lanzit (Anne) of Chaplin, Conn., and Tori Lanzit of Fairfax; two grandchildren; many sisters; and nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband Steve Lanzit; and many brothers and sisters.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 28 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 1 at St. Thomas More R.C. Church, 374 Middlesex Road, Darien. A private burial will follow at Spring Grove Cemetery, Darien.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lawrencefuneralhome.com
- 1 Darien Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Darien
- 3 Darien's Chilton, Halvorsen Make List Of Forbes Billionaires
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'