DARIEN, Conn. - Catherine "Kay" Schumaecker, a 56-year resident of Darien, died Tuesday, April 22. She was 91.
Schumaecker was born May 19, 1922, in Chicago, Ill. She was a 1940 graduate of Harper High School. She worked as a paralegal at Rucci and Reardon in Darien and later for Winthrop, Stimson, Putnam and Roberts in Stamford.
She was a volunteer at the United Way and as a troop leader for the Girl Scouts. She was a parishioner of St. John's R.C. Church.
Schumaecker is survived by her children, Michael (Pat) Schumaecker of New York City and Orleans, Mass., Kathleen (T. Robert) Kelley of Littleton, Colo., Patricia Fitzgerald (Michael Neschleba) of Acton and East Orleans, Mass., and Debi (Chuck) Hibben of Darien; eight grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, J.W. "Bill" Schumaecker.
Calling hours are Sunday, April 27 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Monday, April 28 at St. John R.C. Church, 1986 Post Road, Darien. Burial will follow at Spring Grove Cemetery, Darien.
In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that Masses in Schumaecker’s memory be requested at St. John R.C. Church in Darien or a donation may be made to the Center for Hope, 590 Post Road, Darien, CT 06820.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lawrencefuneralhome.com
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 4 Darien Businesswoman Applauds 40 Years Of WoodenBoat Magazine
- 5 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus