DARIEN, Conn. - Catherine Teresa Sansone of Darien died Monday, Feb. 10. She was 99.
Sansone was born Dec. 7, 1914, in Capriata d'orba, Allesandria, Italy; daughter of William and Annetta Stassano. She lived in Stamford and attended Stamford schools. She was a resident of Darien since 1949.
Sansone is survived by her daughters, Dolores (Laurie) and Al Lyon of Madison; Florence Sansone of Darien; Sandra and Bruce Fales of Fairfield; six grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and brother, Frank (Jenny) Stassano of Darien. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Peter; brothers, Joseph and Peter Stassano; and sisters, Teresa Pia and Helen Costibile.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12 at St. John R.C. Church, 1986 Post Road, Darien. Interment will follow at St. John Cemetery in Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Masonicare Health and Hospice, 535 Connecticut Ave., Norwalk, CT 06854.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lawrencefuneralhome.com
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal