DARIEN, Conn. – Frances Smith Neville of Darien died Sunday, Oct. 8, surrounded by her family. She was 96.
Neville was born July 27, 1916, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to Marion Miller and Frank A. Smith. She loved knitting and often knitted blankets for the Senior Center of Darien.
She was predeceased by her husband, Thomas P. Neville Sr.; a son, David F. Neville, of Darien; and her youngest brother, Truman Smith, of Barefoot Bay, Fla. Neville is survived by two sons, Thomas P. Neville Jr., of Stamford, and Jeffery A. Neville, of Darien; a brother, Raymond Smith, of Tucson, Ariz.; four grandchildren and a great-grandson.
The family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Bosak Funeral Home in Stamford. A committal service and burial will be held privately.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Garden Club Of Darien Celebrates Work To Spruce Up Cherry Lawn Park
- 4 Learn How To Become A Six-Figure Freelancer At The Darien Library
- 5 Open Houses In Darien This Weekend