DARIEN, Conn. – Frances Smith Neville of Darien died Sunday, Oct. 8, surrounded by her family. She was 96.
Neville was born July 27, 1916, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to Marion Miller and Frank A. Smith. She loved knitting and often knitted blankets for the Senior Center of Darien.
She was predeceased by her husband, Thomas P. Neville Sr.; a son, David F. Neville, of Darien; and her youngest brother, Truman Smith, of Barefoot Bay, Fla. Neville is survived by two sons, Thomas P. Neville Jr., of Stamford, and Jeffery A. Neville, of Darien; a brother, Raymond Smith, of Tucson, Ariz.; four grandchildren and a great-grandson.
The family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Bosak Funeral Home in Stamford. A committal service and burial will be held privately.
- 1 Car Stolen From Darien Driveway, Suspicious Men Seen In Area
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Darien Hires New Director Of Parks And Recreation