DARIEN, Conn. – Frances Smith Neville of Darien died Sunday, Oct. 8, surrounded by her family. She was 96.
Neville was born July 27, 1916, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to Marion Miller and Frank A. Smith. She loved knitting and often knitted blankets for the Senior Center of Darien.
She was predeceased by her husband, Thomas P. Neville Sr.; a son, David F. Neville, of Darien; and her youngest brother, Truman Smith, of Barefoot Bay, Fla. Neville is survived by two sons, Thomas P. Neville Jr., of Stamford, and Jeffery A. Neville, of Darien; a brother, Raymond Smith, of Tucson, Ariz.; four grandchildren and a great-grandson.
The family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Bosak Funeral Home in Stamford. A committal service and burial will be held privately.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Darien
- 3 Darien Honors Veterans With Wreaths Across America Ceremony
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'