DARIEN, Conn. – Frances Smith Neville of Darien died Sunday, Oct. 8, surrounded by her family. She was 96.
Neville was born July 27, 1916, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to Marion Miller and Frank A. Smith. She loved knitting and often knitted blankets for the Senior Center of Darien.
She was predeceased by her husband, Thomas P. Neville Sr.; a son, David F. Neville, of Darien; and her youngest brother, Truman Smith, of Barefoot Bay, Fla. Neville is survived by two sons, Thomas P. Neville Jr., of Stamford, and Jeffery A. Neville, of Darien; a brother, Raymond Smith, of Tucson, Ariz.; four grandchildren and a great-grandson.
The family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Bosak Funeral Home in Stamford. A committal service and burial will be held privately.
- 1 Darien Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Darien, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Darien With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Darien-Based Kelly Associates Joins Houlihan Lawrence As Independent
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow