DARIEN, Conn. - Helen L. Rodgers, longtime resident of Darien, died Thursday, March 14. She was 83.
Rodgers was born in Cleveland, Ohio June 22, 1929, daughter of Dr. William and Nellie Loucks. She grew up in Cleveland and attended Miami University (Ohio). Rodgers and her family lived in Ohio, New York, and California before moving to Darien in 1968. She was a member of Delta Delta Delta sorority, volunteer with the Junior League in Pasadena and Fairfield County.
Rodgers is survived by her husband, Francis; daughter, Christy Smith of Colorado; son, Scott Rodgers (Linda Browne) Rodgers of Indiana; daughter, Kathy Heckert (Alex) Heckert of Connecticut; seven grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; sister, Laurie and brother, Robert Loucks.
Funeral services will be Wednesday, March 20 at 2 p.m. at Noroton Presbyterian Chapel, 2011 Post Road, Darien. Interment will follow at Spring Grove Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Rodgers's memory to Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation, 103 Vision Way, Bloomfield, CT 06002.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Learn How To Become A Six-Figure Freelancer At The Darien Library
- 4 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 5 Darien Swimmers, Divers Get Up Early For Fundraiser