DARIEN, Conn. – Jean A. Jerige, a 30-year Darien resident, died Jan. 25 at her home. She was 79.
Jerige was born in Norwalk to Walter and Frances Costello McCarthy. Raised in Norwalk, she attended Sacred Heart Academy and graduated from Danbury State Teachers College. She was married to Walter C. Jerige, who predeceased her.
She was an active member of Trinity Church in Greenwich. She was also a member of the Women of Vision Greenwich chapter.
She is survived by five children, Brian (Marybeth) Reed, of Monroe Falls, Ohio, Sheila Reed, of Phoenix, Carol Roy, of Cheshire, Conn., Frances Reed, of Darien, and Susan (Brett) Hanson, of Hudson, Maine; and five grandchildren.
Jerige is also survived by a brother, Robert McCarthy, of Westport. She was predeceased by a brother, Walter McCarthy; a sister, Mary McCarthy; and her former husband, Daniel E. Reed Jr.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, at Christ Church in Greenwich. A luncheon reception will follow in the parish hall. Edward Lawrence Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to Women of Vision, World Vision, P.O. Box 9716, MS 330, Federal Way, WA 98063.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 3 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Of Darien, Worked In The Fashion Industry
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Sandy Hook Students Safe After Evacuation Due To Bomb Threat