DARIEN, Conn. - Joan M. Waggner of Darien died Tuesday, Aug. 26. She was 70.
Waggner was born March 21, 1944, in Syracuse, N.Y., to James Francis and Marianne Pauline Mumaw. She graduated in 1963 from SUNY at Cortland with a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Education. She began her professional career as an elementary school teacher and, in 1977, became a licensed real estate broker. She moved to Darien in 1980, where she was a fixture in the Darien real estate community for the next 34 years. She served a term as a director for the Darien Board of Realtors.
Waggner is survived by her daughters, Christine Card Weitzel (Richard) of Needham, Mass., Torrey E. Card of Hingham, Mass.; six step-children; 11 grandchildren; sister, Jean (Keith) Ennis of Amherst, N.H. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Charles E. Waggner.
A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 2 at the Noroton Presbyterian Church, 2011 Post Road, Darien. There will be a private family interment at Spring Grove Cemetery in Darien.
Memorials may be made to the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, 371 East Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown, NY 11787 or visit their website at http://www.guidedog.org.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lawrencefuneralhome.com
- 1 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 2 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 3 Darien Police: Ring's End Employee Charged $4,000 To Company Card
- 4 Norwalk Police Join Search Of Long Island Sound For Missing Boater
- 5 Robert E. Mallozzi, Lifelong Darien Resident, President Of Bob's Sports