STRATFORD, Conn. - Kathryn "Kathy" M. Gowan Dilworth of Stratford, and Naples, Fla., and formerly of Rowayton, died Tuesday, July 29. She was 76.
Dilworth was born Nov. 30, 1937, in Brooklyn, N.Y., and was the daughter of Joseph P. and Elizabeth Murphy Gowan Sr. After her marriage, she moved with her with her family to Rowayton in 1969. She managed Jack's Fabrics in Darien for many years and volunteered in school, Girl Scouts and the volunteer fire department. In 2003, she and her husband moved to be closer to their children and grandchildren and divided their time between Lordship and Naples, Fla.
Dilworth is survived by her six children, Jeanne, Gary, Eric, Mark, Jeff and Jack Rautiola of Acton, Mass.; 20 grandchildren; and sister, Maura Gowan Dugan and her family of Wellington, Fla. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Richard; brother, Joseph P. Gowan Jr.; brothers- in-law, Gerald and Jack Dilworth.
No service details were available. A Memorial Service and Celebration of Life will be held at a later date.
For more information, visit www.galellofuneralhome.com
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Darien Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy