STRATFORD, Conn. - Kathryn "Kathy" M. Gowan Dilworth of Stratford, and Naples, Fla., and formerly of Rowayton, died Tuesday, July 29. She was 76.
Dilworth was born Nov. 30, 1937, in Brooklyn, N.Y., and was the daughter of Joseph P. and Elizabeth Murphy Gowan Sr. After her marriage, she moved with her with her family to Rowayton in 1969. She managed Jack's Fabrics in Darien for many years and volunteered in school, Girl Scouts and the volunteer fire department. In 2003, she and her husband moved to be closer to their children and grandchildren and divided their time between Lordship and Naples, Fla.
Dilworth is survived by her six children, Jeanne, Gary, Eric, Mark, Jeff and Jack Rautiola of Acton, Mass.; 20 grandchildren; and sister, Maura Gowan Dugan and her family of Wellington, Fla. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Richard; brother, Joseph P. Gowan Jr.; brothers- in-law, Gerald and Jack Dilworth.
No service details were available. A Memorial Service and Celebration of Life will be held at a later date.
For more information, visit www.galellofuneralhome.com
- 1 Car Stolen From Darien Driveway, Suspicious Men Seen In Area
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 5 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich