STRATFORD, Conn. - Kathryn "Kathy" M. Gowan Dilworth of Stratford, and Naples, Fla., and formerly of Rowayton, died Tuesday, July 29. She was 76.
Dilworth was born Nov. 30, 1937, in Brooklyn, N.Y., and was the daughter of Joseph P. and Elizabeth Murphy Gowan Sr. After her marriage, she moved with her with her family to Rowayton in 1969. She managed Jack's Fabrics in Darien for many years and volunteered in school, Girl Scouts and the volunteer fire department. In 2003, she and her husband moved to be closer to their children and grandchildren and divided their time between Lordship and Naples, Fla.
Dilworth is survived by her six children, Jeanne, Gary, Eric, Mark, Jeff and Jack Rautiola of Acton, Mass.; 20 grandchildren; and sister, Maura Gowan Dugan and her family of Wellington, Fla. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Richard; brother, Joseph P. Gowan Jr.; brothers- in-law, Gerald and Jack Dilworth.
No service details were available. A Memorial Service and Celebration of Life will be held at a later date.
For more information, visit www.galellofuneralhome.com
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Darien
- 3 Sony Pulls Film; Darien Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Darien